There are a number of benefits to working at Women’s Aid, including 25 days annual leave per annum, access to our Employee Assistance Scheme and access to training opportunities.
If you are interested in being part of our dedicated and friendly team, browse our open roles to see what opportunities are available.
We are currently recruiting for:
1. National Freephone Helpline Administrator
- Reference: NFHAdminSept2023 (please cite in all communications with Women’s Aid)
- Reports to: National Freephone Helpline Manager
- Hours: Part-time, 20 hours per week (Monday to Friday, 9am-1pm)
- Contract: Permanent Contract (subject to funding)
- Location: Women’s Aid Head Office – 5 Wilton Place, Dublin 2
- Salary: Women’s Aid Clerical Officer Scale, point offered commensurate with experience and budget
Purpose of the post:
The National Freephone Helpline (NFH) Administrator willprovide administrative support to the frontline services for women impacted by domestic abuse provided by the Helpline Department. The work of the NFH Administrator will be underpinned by the values and principles of the organisation and will consistently promote the strategic goals of Women’s Aid.
Download the Full Recruitment Pack for more details.
How to apply:
Please note that only application forms are accepted. CVs will not be considered.
Closing date: 12 noon, 15 September 2023
Please note that due to a high number of applications we may not be possible to respond to applicants who have not been shortlisted for interview.
Interview schedule: It is anticipated that first round interviews will be held on Tuesday 26th September.
The successful candidate is expected to start in post as soon as possible.
2. Business Support Administrator
- Reference: BusSupportAdmin2023 (please cite in all communications with Women’s Aid).
- Reports to: Financial Controller
- Contract: Permanent, Part-time, 14 hour per week.
- Hours: Women’s Aid’s full-time working week is 35 hours (excluding lunch). Core working hours are ordinarily between 8am and 6pm Monday to Friday, unless a role requires different contracted hours.
- Location: Primarily based at Women’s Aid head office at Wilton Place, Dublin 2.
- Salary: Pay point commensurate with experience and available funds.
Purpose of the post:
To support the Business Support function of Women’s Aid primarily with administrative support in areas related to Human Resources (HR), Payroll, Health and Safety and Facilities within the organisation. We are hiring a dynamic and motivated individual who has excellent administration experience to work for a collaborative and growing organisation. This varied role will support the smooth and efficient running of Women’s Aid.
How to Apply:
CVs will not be considered.
Closing date: 5pm, Friday 13th October 2023.
Interview schedule: It is anticipated that first round interviews will be held the week commencing 23rd October 2023.
3. Part-time Shop Assistant, Community Employment (C.E.) Scheme
Part-time Shop Assistant, Community Employment (C.E.) scheme
Job reference Number: 2273437
Purpose of the Role:
This is a varied and interesting retail role working in our Women’s Aid Charity Shop based in Dundrum. The new candidate will be working closely with the shop manager and other shop staff and volunteers to carry out general retail duties.
- To assist and serve customers.
- To assist with stocking the shop, including sorting, steaming, pricing, and hanging of donated items.
- Preparation of books, bric-a-brac, toys, jewellery, etc. for sale
- Shop merchandising – displaying shop donations at their best and keeping the shop floor clean and tidy.
- To be involved with the till operation and the handling of cash
- Compliance with Health & Safety guidelines.
Good communication and customer care service skills are essential to fulfil this role.
Retail experience is an advantage, but not essential as a full training and induction will be provided by our Charity Shop Manager.
Dundrum Charity Shop, 14 Main Street, Dundrum
This post is under the Department of Social Protection’s Community Employment (C.E.) scheme. Women’s Aid is a sponsoring organisation for St. Mary’s Community Project, Henrietta St., Dublin 1.
Applicants must be eligible for CE. Working hours are 19.5 hours per week.
If interested please submit your CV to C.E. Supervisor Mr. Tom Hayden, St. Mary’s Community Project by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Women’s Aid is committed to the promotion of equal opportunities and cultural diversity