What is this service?
The Instant Message Support Service is a free, confidential and secure way to talk to one of our Support Workers online.
How to use this service
You can use the Instant Messaging Support Service during opening hours by clicking on the Heart Icon at the bottom of your screen.
Who will respond to my message?
The Instant messaging service is staffed by professional and fully-trained staff and volunteers. All staff and volunteers are women.
Monday to Friday: 10am – 1pm and 7pm – 10pm
Saturday: 12pm – 3pm and 7pm – 10pm
Sunday: 11am – 1pm and 7pm – 10pm
A guide to using the Instant Message Support Service
- Take your time; it can take longer to type than speak
- Wait for a response to something you have typed before adding more
- Try not to use abbreviations as it might make it harder for the Support Worker to understand your message
- This is an anonymous service. Please do not send us any personal information on the Instant Messaging Support Service that identifies who you are (the only thing we might ask you for is the county that you live in. We ask for this if we are sending information on local domestic violence services)
- Please be aware that we cannot provide medical advice
- If you are under 18 years old, please let us know so we can put you in touch with the correct service
- This service is for users based in the Republic of Ireland only
Site usage rules
Please do not:
- Send links to offensive or sexually explicit material
- Advertise or promote any products or services
- Pretend to be someone other than who you are
- Use the service if you are under 18 years of age
If you break any of these rules, the Support Worker may end the session.