What is this service?
The D.A.I.S is a free and confidential drop-in information and support service in Dolphin House Family Law Court for women experiencing domestic abuse.
Who runs the service?
The service is run by Women’s Aid in partnership with Inchicore Outreach Service.
Who can use the service?
The service is available for any woman who is subjected to domestic abuse and is attending Dolphin House Family Law Court for legal support.
How can I access the service?
If you are attending Dolphin House Family Law Court, the D.A.I.S is located on the 4th Floor. Drop-In or ask the Court Clerk or Court Reception about us.
D.A.I.S, Dolphin House, East Essex Street, Dublin 2. D02 RR76
Monday to Friday 9.30am-12.30pm and 2pm – 4.30pm.
Who will I speak to?
You will speak to a domestic violence support worker from Women’s Aid or Inchicore Outreach Service. This service is confidential.
What happens during a drop-in visit?
Our Support Workers provide support and information about your situation and explain how the court works. This includes:
- Information on legal options
- Safety planning
- Linking you with a domestic violence service for ongoing support, if you wish
How long can I use the service for?
This depends on your needs. We are available for Drop-In visits Monday to Friday.
Who can support me if the service is closed?
If you are unable to access the Drop-In service, you can contact the following services for support:
- 24 hour National Freephone Helpline 1800 341 900, open seven days a week.
- The Women’s Aid Instant Message Support Service on www.womensaid.ie, open every morning and evening, seven days a week.
- Inchicore Outreach Centre 014545237, open Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.