The Women’s Aid Maternity Outreach Service provides support, information and advocacy to women who are experiencing domestic abuse and who are receiving Maternity Care from the three Dublin based Maternity hospitals – The Rotunda Hospital, The National Maternity Hospital at Holles Street and The Coombe Hospital.
The Women’s Aid Maternity Outreach Support Worker will provide you with short-term, focused support and advocacy. This includes:
- Providing space and time for you to discuss your situation,
- Supporting you to identify your priorities and your needs,
- Providing you with information and practical support around legal, immigration, housing and crisis accommodation options,
- Accompanying you to court,
- Providing you with practical financial support such as home security costs and/or emergency subsistence needs. These are assessed on a case-by-case basis according to need and subject to funding availability.
- Signposting to appropriate counselling services,
- Referring you to the Women’s Aid High-Risk Support Project, if required,
- Linking you with longer-term domestic abuse support in your local community.
Helpline Opening Hours
Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm