Can You Run 100km in October 2022 and raise funds for Women's Aid?
The Run 100k in October Challenge for Women’s Aid starts on the 1st October and finishes on the 31st of October 2022
By taking on our Run 100k in October Challenge, you’re helping us raise vital funds to support women suffering from domestic abuse. We've helped thousands of women and their children to live safer, happier lives, free from abuse.
Your amazing support will help us continue to be there for the next woman who needs our help.
How do I sign up?
To make sure you are ready, complete these three simple steps:
- Register for your free starter pack: https://givp.nl/erf/G1wy1lzU
- Create your own Run 100k in October Challenge Facebook Fundraising Page: https://www.facebook.com/donate/team_fundraiser/?source=after_edit&team_fundraiser_id=605173521047282
- Join our Run 100k in October Facebook group to log your progress and support everyone taking part: https://www.facebook.com/groups/580373350405946
Frequently Asked Questions
How does the Run 100k in October Challenge work?
- The challenge is to run 100k during the month of October 2022.
- You can do this wherever and whenever suits you.
- This is a personal challenge. You do this in your own time and link in with the Facebook group or get a group of friends involved and take it on together.
- The Run 100k in October Challenge starts on the 1st of October 2022 and finishes on 31st October 2022!
How do I track the distance I have done?
- We recommend using digital apps like Strava to help count the distance covered on each of your runs. You can then use the tracker sheet in your fundraising pack to keep track of your progress.
What is a Facebook Fundraiser page?
- It is a page you can create in under a minute within Facebook and raise money for Women’s Aid. Your friends will see that you have created it and will see every time you post a picture or update to the fundraiser.
- All the money raised on your Facebook Fundraising page comes directly to Women’s Aid
How does iDonate Fundraising work?
- If you prefer to raise money off Facebook you can set up a Run 100k in October online fundraising page over at www.iDonate.ie and share the link with your friends and family.
- All the money raised on your iDonate fundraising page come directly to Women's Aid.
If I raise money offline (via the sponsorship card) how do I get that money to Women’s Aid?
Once you have collected your sponsorship you can 1. Donate via our www.womensaid.ie/donate and make sure to select ‘Run 100k in October Challenge’ from the What Prompted You to Donate menu
- Lodge directly to our bank:
Account: Women’s Aid, Current Account
Bank: Newlands Cross, Dublin 22
IBAN: IE95 BOFI 9001 2173 0628 78
Reference: 100K Challenge & your name
- Return amount by cheque or postal order made payable to Women's Aid to Women’s Aid, 5 Wilton Place, Dublin 2, D02 RR27.
- You can also donate the sponsorship directly via your own fundraiser on Facebook or iDonate.ie.
How can I encourage donations on my online fundraiser?
- Share your Facebook Fundraising page loud and proud, you’re doing something amazing so make sure to let everyone know.
- From 1st of October make sure to post your progress on your fundraising page to show friends and family how well you’re doing. This can be as frequently as you like, whatever works for you.
- Posting your total means sponsors can see how you’re progressing with the challenge and it means that at the end of October we can see you have completed.
- Ask others in the Facebook group how they are raising funds.
Do I have to post the number of kilometres I have done?
- Post them to your personal Facebook Fundraiser page. And then for extra motivation, post it to the Run 100k in October Facebook group so everybody else can be inspired by your progress.
- In order for ourselves to issue you with your exclusive Challenge Completion Pack we need to be able to see that you’ve completed the challenge.
Can I start this in September?
- The idea is that we all do this together in October 2022. We recommend getting a few runs done in September to get your fitness up for the October Challenge.
- However, if your personal circumstances mean that you have started earlier, that is absolutely fine too.
Can a refund be issued if the wrong amount was donated or a donation was made in error?
Unfortunately, we can’t issue refunds through Facebook but people can request themselves from Facebook by following the below steps: Send them to: https://www.facebook.com/help/contact/162031714239823
Select – I donated to a fundraiser on Facebook
Select – I want a refund for my donation(s)
Select – I made a donation by accident. Find their donation in the dropdown and request the refund.
You can also use this link if you have any other query about your Facebook fundraising page
My friend/workplace would like to complete the challenge also, how do they do this?
If someone else you know would like to take part in our Run 100km in October Challenge they will also need to follow the same registration steps: Register for your t-shirt and create your fundraising page: https://givp.nl/erf/G1wy1lzU
Join the Facebook group here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/580373350405946
However, if you are fundraising together then don’t worry about setting up separate fundraising pages. Please email us details of your group to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you want to sign up a workplace team, download our flyer here for more information.
What do I receive upon completion of challenge?
If you’ve posted your progress and we can see that you have completed your 100k in October Challenge. At the end of the month everyone will be asked to register for the exclusive certificate and Women's Aid supporter pin which will be posted to you.
Further questions? Get in touch
We’re here to support you every step of the way, if you have any questions please post a comment in the October Challenge Facebook group or email us at email@example.com and we’ll do our best to help.
Thank you so much for your amazing support.