Local Support Services in Louth
Drogheda Women and Children's Refuge
Helpline : 041 984 4550
24 hour service, open 365 days
Tel: 041 9844550
Fax: 041 9801548
Safe accommodation - we have six family units for women with children and five single units for women without children.
Support and information on issues associated with domestic abuse and homelessness:
- 24 Hour Helpline offering information and emotional support re. Legal Options around Domestic Abuse; Custody & Maintenance; Homelessness; Social Welfare and Finance; Social Services; Safety Planning and The Effects of Domestic Abuse on Children.
- Support Visits – callers can come to the refuge to talk to a trained member of staff about their own situation in complete privacy
- Counselling is available with our qualified Psychotherapist
- Referral Service to relevant organisations e.g. Gardai; Court Clerk; Medical Services; Social Welfare; Community Welfare Officer; MABs (Money Advice and Budgeting Services); St. Vincent de Paul; Social Services; Children’s Services etc.
- Advocacy Work
- Referral routes for children who have experienced Domestic Abuse, or who have additional needs.
- Court and General Accompaniment
- Aftercare Support
We have a range of Education and Prevention Programmes delivered by our Training and Education Officer to primary and secondary schools; colleges; Our Lady of Lourdes Hospital; H.S.E. Trainers and Social Workers and Community Groups, including:
- Delivery of Prevention of Abusive Relationships and Self Esteem Programmes to local primary and secondary schools.
- Third Level Education Training in:
- Recognising and Responding to Domestic Abuse in a Community Based Setting to Social Care Students in D.K.I.T.
- Recognising and Responding to Domestic Abuse in a Hospital Based Setting to Midwifery Students in D.K.I.T..
- The Information and Awareness Module is delivered to Health Promotion students in D.K.I.T. and to the Social Care Students and the Pre-Nursing Students in D.I.F.E. College.
We deliver a range of training programmes in the Community:
- Training in Recognising Domestic Abuse in a Hospital Setting is delivered in the Lourdes Hospital to Obstetric Consultants; Pediatric Consultants; Maternity Ward Managers; Clinical Nurse Managers and the Medical Social Workers.
- Joint delivery with the H.S.E. of Domestic Sexual and Gender Based Violence Policy Definition and Forms of Abuse Training
- Weekly Support Group, coordinated by our Support Group Facilitator, for women who have experienced or are currently living with Domestic Abuse
The North East Domestic Violence Intervention Programme – where we work with women whose partners are the perpetrators involved in the programme.
Outreach Support including our monthly Information Clinic at the Health Promotion Unit in The Lourdes Hospital; Home Visits; Awareness Days
Support with Life Skills and Budgeting Programmes
Butterfly Boutique Charity Shop
All Refuge Services excluding accommodation are available free of charge.
Women's Aid Dundalk
Helpline : 042 933 3244 (Helpline) 042 933 7202 (Refuge)
24 hour service, open 365 days
Tel: 042 9333245
Fax: 042 9328663
- Emergency Accommodation
- Transitional Housing
- Support & Information
- Court Accompaniment
- Children's Services
- Telephone Helpline