Training & Development
Women’s Aid is a Centre of Excellence for Training and Development of professional and organisational responses to women and children experiencing domestic violence.
We provide support to local and national organisations throughout Ireland, both statutory and non-statutory, to promote best practice responses to women and children experiencing domestic violence.
All Women’s Aid training is informed and guided by over 40 years of experience of direct work supporting women and by international models of best practice.
Our training includes:
- Foundation training on supporting women experiencing abuse
- Best Practice in Woman & Child Protection in the context of Domestic Violence
- Responding to Women & Children experiencing Domestic Violence in your Community
- Domestic Violence and Mental Health
- Practical Skills Workshop on Managing and Responding to Disclosures of Domestic Violence (including where child protection is a concern)
- Bespoke training to suit your organisation's needs.
Some of the services and organisations we train nationwide include:
- HSE/Tusla Health and Social Care Professionals (social workers, nurses, psychotherapists)
- Organisations in the Community and Voluntary Sector (Women's Refuge workers, Homelessness services, Youth services, Suicide Prevention services, Migrant groups, Traveller groups, Childrens services, Women’s groups, Parent and Family organisations, Drug and Alcohol services.)
- An Garda Síochána
- Legal Aid Services
- Courts Services
- Reception and Integration Agency (RIA)
- Citizens Information Centres
- Family Resource Centres
- Community childcare services
- Local employment services
For more information or to request a training or input in your area, please contact Training Administrator on 01 6788858 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Scheme to Support National Organisations is funded by the Government of Ireland through the Department of Rural and Community Development.