Work with us
Women's Aid is recruiting for:
A Part-time Administrative Assistant, Community Employment (C.E.) scheme
Job reference Number - ES2166179
The role of the administrative assistant will be to provide administrative support and to carry out reception duties so as to contribute to the overall smooth administration of the organisation.
The work will be underpinned by the values and principles of the organisation and will consistently promote the strategic goals of Women’s Aid.
- Working at Women’s Aid reception, Wilton Place, Dublin 2.
- Answering calls, transferring callers to relevant personnel, taking messages and passing them on to relevant personnel and checking voicemail. Maintenance of an excellent telephone manner is required at all times.
- Answering the door to callers, welcoming visitors and dealing with deliveries.
- Dealing sensitively with potentially vulnerable callers to the office and on the phone.
- Maintaining confidentiality of visitors and callers to Women’s Aid at all times.
- Checking email on a regular basis and taking appropriate action, under guidance of manager.
- Opening incoming post and date stamping all items, logging them, as appropriate.
- Franking items for dispatch and logging outgoing post.
- Word-processing – produce documents to acceptable standards i.e. letters, notices, memos, etc.
- Printing documents, photocopying and scanning documents.
- To perform other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the manager.
Knowledge and skills required:
- Computer skills including word processing, email and internet. Experience of Microsoft Office desirable.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, particularly answering calls at a busy reception.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a track record of working with members of the public, with experience of working with vulnerable people an advantage.
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
This post is under the Department of Social Protection’s Community Employment (C.E.) scheme. Women’s Aid is a sponsoring organisation for St. Mary’s Community Project, Henrietta St., Dublin 1. Applicants must be eligible for C.E. Working hours are 19.5 hours per week.
If interested please submit your CV to C.E. Supervisor Mr. Tom Hayden, St. Mary’s Community Project by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Women's Aid is committed to the promotion of equal opportunities and cultural diversity.